Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Beginning of a Detox


Since Spring has rapidly graced us with its presence, I feel the need to Detox some of the winter sludge and lighten my diet somewhat, keeping my motivation alive by sharing my progress and experiences with you! 


I have decided on the following detox plan:
EAT
AVOID
Meat (lean red & organic poultry)
Sugar
Fish
Processed food
Eggs
Grains
Nuts and seeds
Beans and Legumes
Fruits
Dairy
Vegetables (especially green ones)
Starchy foods
Oil –  EV Olive Oil & Flaxseed oil

DRINK
AVOID
Water (At least 2 litres)
Alcohol
Herbal tea
Caffeine

Sugary drinks

I suppose this detox is nudging at a Palaeolithic style diet, and this feels right for me because it’s been a Winter of maxing out on carbohydrates – roasted potatoes, risottos, pastas, porridges and breads – and my body has wanted all of it. 
Now with Spring well and truly in the air I am ready to move away from the grains and starch – and ramp up the vegetables and lean protein.

Preparation is the key in any Detox, so my day before went a little bit like this: 

-        Shopping – first to Frenchs Forest market to get some organic vegetables plus I picked up some organic fuji apples, lemons and bananas. Then I nipped to Coles to get some organic chicken and some lean fillet (not organic but hormone free)
-        Cooking – roasted some chicken legs to have cold for lunches
-        Snacks – I’ve made a batch of ‘Bliss Balls’ (check out recipe ) feeling a bit flash with new food processor so made two batches – a low dried fruit version for me and a bit more dried fruit for ‘sweet tooth’ Hans.
-        Last supper – I’ve invited 4 friends round to join us in our ‘last supper’ before we start – on the menu is Vegetable Lasagna (with extra cheeseJ) and a couple of salads, washed down with some red wine, then chocolate for dessert – Ha! Well I might as well have something to detox.
      Wish me luck...! 



No comments:

Post a Comment