Wednesday 3 October 2012

3 days done, only another 27 to go…oh god!



So on day 1 I was feeling pretty good, day 2 I still felt rather virtuous and proud of myself, but day 3 has been tough. Perhaps it was the fact that I started the day with a Boxing class, and I felt as if I was running on empty with no chance of reaching top speed. I did have a Super Green Smoothie before the class, but two days of low carbohydrates hadn’t left me much in the way of energy stores and I felt far from super.
Then by mid-day a headache began which I haven’t managed to shift. I wasn’t expecting it, but even though I am not a coffee drinker, stopping the 2-3 teas (black and green) must have been enough to give me a caffeine withdrawal.
On the up side, I have done pretty well at sticking to the detox; I do feel that I need a little more variation though. 

Planning is certainly the key to sticking to it. Plus, it’s definitely good to clear the house of temptation before starting…a few squares of Green & Black Chocolate have been plaguing me and I can’t quite bring myself to throw them away, instead they wave at me each time I open the fridge, saying “eat me Karen”.

Okay, here is a peek at my three day eating plan…warts and all.

Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Beverages
Day 1:
Hot water and ¼ squeezed lemon
Glass of green smoothie
2 boiled eggs, EVO oil and sumac
Apple, cashews and macadamias

Bliss ball
2 x organic roasted chicken legs and winter cabbage and carrot slaw
Bliss ball

Orange, cashew and macadamias
Fillet steak and mixed leafy salad

Fried (in coconut oil) banana and goats yogurt
5 glasses of water
4 herbal teas

Day 2:
Hot water and ¼ squeezed lemon
2 boiled eggs, tomatoe and spinach
Orange juice
Apple

2 dates and handful of almonds
2 x organic roasted chicken legs and mixed salad

Soaked chia seeds, blueberries and passionfruit  pot
Orange and handful of almonds

2 bliss balls

1 glass of Green Smoothie
Flathead fillet and mixed salad with tahini dressing
5 glasses of water
4 herbal teas
Day 3:
Glass of Green Smoothie and 2 chlorella tablets

2 boiled eggs, mushrooms and silverbeet
Apple

Almonds, Brazils and Walnuts (handful) 1 date and 1 fig
2 chicken legs and mixed salad
2 chlorella tablets

Soaked chia and blueberry pot
2 bliss balls

Passionfruit and mandarin

Flats (vegie and flax dehydrated crackery things) with left over pate

Fish soup (including ocean trout and flathead, lots of fresh coriander, basil and some celery, sprinkle of fennel seeds)
2 chlorella tablets

Orange, goats yogurt and kiwi fruit
6 glasses of water
4 herbal teas

I have to confess I have had a few slip ups: 
*goats yogurt (I know its dairy, but I had some left in the fridge and it’s too good to throw away)
*used butter to fry the flathead (more dairy, but in my defence butter is a stable fat, should have steamed it or baked it to avoid the butter ) 
*I ate pate (it was duck liver pate, French, but not exactly organic, very tasty though).

Still finding my detox feet…

1 comment:

  1. Karen I am keen to see a soaked chia seed pot recipe. I have a packet waiting to be transformed into something yummy.

    ReplyDelete